Our customer's financial wellbeing is important to us and knowing how to avoid insufficient funds fees can save you money in the long-run. With proper planning there are many ways to avoid overdrafts and we’re here to help.
- Set up direct deposit for your paycheck. Get faster access to your funds to avoid potential shortfalls.
- Keep track of your balance and transactions. It is easier than ever to monitor your account balance and transactions. Walden Savings Bank customers may access their account information 24/7 via our digital banking solutions. Learn more about online and mobile banking.
- Link your checking account to your savings account. Funds are automatically transferred from your savings account to cover potential overdrafts. Contact us for additional information or if you’d like to put this service in place. Some fees may apply. Please see our fee schedule to learn more.
- Consider opening an overdraft line of credit. Ensure that your most important items are paid while avoiding insufficient funds fees. Contact us to learn more or to apply.
- Extended Overdraft Privilege is optional. Most consumers prefer having the security of knowing their transactions will be paid even if there is a fee. This service is optional though and may be removed at your request.
- Take advantage of account alerts. Get notified by text or email for details around your account balance, debits/ credits posting and more. This free service is the perfect way to stay up to date with all of your account activity. Learn more here to get started today.
- Utilize a budget to help manage spending. With our powerful BankWise personal financial management platform you can manage all of your accounts, inside and outside of Walden Savings Bank, create a budget, set savings goals and more all from one convenient dashboard.