Update on Stimulus Payments
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 was signed into law and includes provisions for a third round of stimulus checks. This legislation provides $1,400 payments to those with adjusted gross income of up to $75,000 for individuals, $112,500 for heads of household and $150,000 for married couples who file a joint tax return. The payments are reduced for those with income above those thresholds. Payments will be capped at individuals earning $80,000 in income, heads of household with $120,000 and married couples with $160,000. Direct deposits will be posted based on the effective date determined by the US Treasury Department, which may be March 17th or later. For more details on qualifications or to check the status of your payment please visit the IRS website.
In the meantime, please consider setting up an alert within mobile and online banking to automatically be notified of new deposit activity.
Looking for your Direct Deposit? Online and mobile banking users can set up a number of alerts including notification when deposits are made. With just a few short steps, we'll help keep you up to date.
- Sign on to online or mobile banking.
- From the main menu, click the "gear icon" in the upper right corner and select "alerts" from the next menu.
- Select how you would like to receive your alerts, either by text or email.
- Next select “Account Alerts.” All of your accounts will now be displayed. Select the account you would like to be notified about.
- For an alert that will let you know when a deposit has been made to your account select the “credit transaction” alert.
- Next type in the amount you would like to use. For example, you may choose to be notified of all deposits that are $600 or more.
That's it! Alerts are sent out at 10:00 am each day. Now is also a great time to explore other alert options for account access and security.
Not an Online or Mobile User?
If you've yet to try Walden Savings Bank's online services, now is the perfect time. Banking remotely is easier than ever. Conveniently make check deposits, review account history and balances, even open your next account. Do it all from your smart phone, tablet or computer. Learn more and get started today: Walden Savings Bank Online